Hiring a pet sitter can be a daunting experience. Should you hire a company or an individual? Are they insured? Can you trust this person with your pet? So many things to consider!
Asking a friend, neighbor, or relative might seem like a good idea at the time. But professional pet sitters have the experience necessary to care for your animals in any situation. Plus, you don’t have to worry about inconveniencing us- we want to do it!
Unfortunately, not all pet sitters are created equal or, for that matter, professional. There are literally hundreds of individuals out there who would like to care for your pet. And I’m sure most of them mean well and will do their utmost to care for your fuzzy loved one. But some things are just out of their hands. For example, what if they get sick and can’t make it to your home? Being an individual pet sitter, they will not have anyone to cover the visit. Or what if there is an accident and your sitter or your pet is injured? An individual is most likely not insured, meaning you are responsible for any costs incurred. Yikes! When you hire a professional pet sitting company, what you’re really getting is peace of mind. Below are the reasons why hiring a pro should be at the top of your priority list:
- Professional pet sitters have invested time, money, and effort into their business. Since this is their livelihood, you can rely on them to be there for your pet each and every time.
- Professional pet sitters are insured and bonded, meaning that if there is an accident or loss of property, your costs are covered for you.
- In the event that your usual pet sitter is unavailable, professional companies have backup.
- Pet sitting companies, if they truly are professional, will run criminal background checks on all employees. This way, you know that you can trust the person entering your home.
- A pro knows animals. They can accommodate your pet’s needs, administer medications, tell if medical attention is required, and avoid potentially hazardous situations.
You and your pet deserve the very best care out there. Now that you know, what are you waiting for? Go find yourself a professional pet sitter! If you’d like more information about Fuzzies Pet Care, feel free to contact us.